How do you stay together when apart?

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months now. I'm 6 months pregnant and trying to move into a group home so I can see a good doctor and a have safe place to stay. We are in a really bad situation right now. The thing is that last night we both ended up in tears about not being around eachother anymore. I know I love him and that I am going to do everything I can to make it work. He just seems so convinced it won't if we aren't living together. How do I convince him we'll make it past this and be together again? How do I keep him from making things go wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Make sure that you plan activities together. It sounds like you two are living in the same region, so this really shouldn't be to big of a challange. Make sure that you keep him aprised and invited to all the big doctor visits (the ultra sounds etc.), make sure you guys get together for dinners and everything.

I hope he understands that living apart does not mean that you two have to STAY apart. Make future plans for when you CAN live together. Got out and check out apartments and things. Let him know that this is HARD for you to do and that you are counting on him to help you through it as well. Just keep in mind that there is only so much you can do, and that it has to be a partnership like a real relationship. Good luck and Safe delivery!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If ya'll are going to be together sometime then don't cry about it. Stay on track and talk to each other every day. Don't dwell on the fact that ya'll aren't together right now. Ya'll are together...just not in the same place. If ya'll love each other then ya'll can deal with anything...just remember to remind him that you love him alot
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You dont have to be together 24/7 for a relationship to work. You dont even have to be "together" at all. My husband and I have spent 13 of the last 18 months apart...as in emails only, a few phone calls and 6 consecutive mos without seeing each other at all. You have to want it to work and take advantage of being able to get to know each other in more than just a physical way. Seeing as you got pregnant with in a month of yall getting together in the first place, I'm guess most of your relationship is based on the physical aspect of things. There's sooooo much more to loving someone and truly being with a person than the physical side of things. This is your opportunity to explore those avenues.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• life works out the way it's supposed to work out, what will be will be
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• abbynzachsmommy is exactly right.

We've went 10 months without seeing each other at all, during one deployment, and 9 months during another...

We actually find that our relationship grows so much when we are apart.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009