Moms How do you feel after saying something hurtful to other Cafemoms?

I sometimes feel the need to fight back but something tells not to. How can I overcome the fear of insulting others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're always going to offend someone. That's the first thing you have to realize about being here, especially in the Answers section. You can say "I had a great day today!" and someone will reply with "OMG GET OFF UR HIGH HORSE BITCH!"

You have to learn to roll with the punches and consider the source. Make that your mantra. Consider the source, consider the source. If someone says something deliberately hurtful towards you, you have the right to fight back.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think there is a tactful way to get your point across without seeming rude. Although I must say that it is easier to be blunt because we are just typing things out which is less confrontational than actually saying something to someone's face.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I try to state my opinion in a nonoffensive manner, afterall, it's nothing more than just my opinion but I don't fear hurting someone elses feelings. If someone were to message me and be like "hey you really hurt my feelings when you said....." Then I would apologize. There is nothing wrong with being concerned about hurting someones feelings but noone should be scared to say what they are thinking. Thats what this site is all about!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I do my best not to be hurtful. Sometimes I have an opinion that will not be popular or may not be taken well, but I try to say it in the nicest way possible.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It is pointless to be hurtful but MANY on this site are guilty of being curt or cruel. Just ignore if you can or if it's really rude, call them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Some people look for reasons to be insulted. Rest assured, you've already insulted someone, somewhere, because there are too many oversensitive divas around here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2009