Do you know exactly what Obama said tho your children today?

http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1568211.html There's the link to his conference.
I knew we had nothing to worry about.
You all made such a ruckus out of a good thing. I bet you feel dumb now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IKNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, I NEVER WORRIED ABOUT IT BUT THE COMOTION WAS UNNECESSARY. I AM SURE A FEW ARE FEELING A LITTLE BIT FOOLISH.

Answer by older at 6:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Agreed...but of course it was the Obama haters that over reacted.

Give the man a chance all this mess that is around him was not just cause by one man it was a line of men so c'mon give the guy a chance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I was never worried in the first place, granted my son isn't old enough for school yet. The only place that I worry about my child being brainwashed is church.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for posting this. I was curious about what he had to say. I think it was a great speech. Some kids dont have someone saying that they can do and be anything that they want to be. I'm not a democrat, but I see nothing wrong with what he said. I never understood the controversy in the first place.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We need a disclaimer. The reason there was controversy was because since it was a LIVE speech, the parents, principals and teachers of these children wanted to be able to know what was going to be said in this speech, and it was fixed, thankfully.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• He said nothing to my kid. The teacher decided they had more important things to cover during the 3rd week of school, like reading and math. Course, I read the speech itself long before it was broadcast today. Anyone who wanted to have an informed opinion one way or the other did. I'm sure that must mean the OP had already read it before today to have "nothing to worry about" right?

Most people had no problem with the speech. They had an issue with the curriculum which included the kids writing about how they can help the president and what the president wants them to do. This curriculum was revised late last week after people pointed out how much it resembled the youth indoctrination of dictator's past. Now then, how many more days will the Dems continue to post questions that mischaracterize the objections people had while at the same time trying to pretend it's the Reps that are STILL complaining?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes, I watched it with first graders. They even understood what it was about with prompts of course. My fourth grade son came away with alot of positive things. I think it was a great thing he did.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I totally agree with what he is doing. I think he is going to be awesome for what he does for our country. So far he's been the most 'hands on' president I've seen in my lifetime. People need to give him a break and let him do his job. People also need to step back and give him a chance, he's only been in office a few months!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My DD goes to a parochial school, and they decided they would view the content before deciding whether or not to show it to the kids. I like the message about working hard in school, but I cannot trust that he will not refer to abortion as "women's health care" in a speech or talk about some other issue that my family does not agree with. As someone said, the issue was that the speech was live.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009