How do i leave

How do i leave a 5 year relationship i dont want to hurt him not that he cares but i love him and we have 3 kids but he isnt in love with me even though he says he is i know he isnt. please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• why would he lie about a thing like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Just go with the flow if he hasn't said anything about leaving you why should you leave if you love him not to mention the kids will suffer with out him I mean as time goes by sure they will get use to it but I don't think it is fair just suck it up unless you or your dh have someone already if not just hang in there for the kids atleast.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Maybe he does still love you. I went though the same thing a couple of months ago...but it was over cheating. Try to fix things first if he want's to try. See if he would be willing to change some things. It takes two to make it work. It doesn't really sound like you want to make it work. But if you do, then ya'll need to talk about what you don't like and you wanting to leave if ya'll can't fix it. If he don't want you to leave, then he will make it work with you. If you don't want to make it work....then maybe you're the one who doesn't love him anymore. Either way, you got to talk about it
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL...For a second there I thought you were singing that song by LeAnn Rimes or Trisha Yearwood...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Never stay for the kids. People think that is what is best....but it messes with the kids heads when they see a loveless marraige. It is just as painful for them to live with unloving parents then it is to have ya'll part. Just talk and try to make things work first
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you have low self esteem. He says he loves you, but you somehow KNOW that he doesn't? Are you somehow incapable of being loved? Do you not think you deserve it?

Please sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk. Tell him how you feel and ask him if he really loves you.

And if he says that he does...believe him. And if you can't, seek help. Feeling this way will NOT go away just because you leave him.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ok for starters dont listen to anyone that tells you to stay for the kids hello stupidest reason ever to stay! I mean yes when there are kids involved you should do everything you can to work iit out but if your not in love anymore then chances are there is no fixing it.... i know you say you still love him but loving some one and being in love are two different things i will always love my kids father hello he gave me two beautiful kids however i am not in love with him, if u decide you are leaving as funny as this sounds its like a band aide you just have to do it quickly in one swift motion.... as for the one that said it sounds like you have low self esteam... i dont agree... some one can tell you they loive you until they are blue in the face but you can tell if they mean it when their actions do or do not match what they are saying good luck if you need to talk pm me
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• how do you know? what makes you say he's not in love with you..I mean he told you he is. did you catch doing something.? did you hear a conversation on the phone. going on? Well if you are the one who's not inlove with him any more .then you should tell him and make arrangements for him to be able to see the kids. if he isn't in love with you. ask why what happened/? and see if you two can do something to fix it. if not then you say your farewells to him.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You should try other avenues before leaving. It may be possible you are suffering from depression and can't interpret love, or that he just isn't showing it how you need to see it to feel it. Be specific to him when you talk to him. Tell him that you really love him and you don't think he feels the same. Tell him specific things he does or doesn't do that make you feel that way and give him a chance to improve. Try to be patient, and be gentle when reminding especially if you can remind him while he's doing (or not doing) something you mentioned. Marriage counseling can also help. g/l mama xo
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009