Are You Gonna Be Big Enough to Apologize?

Now that Obama's speech has been spoken, will any of y'all who were soooo dead-set against this speech have the integrity to offer a public apology? There was no evidence of socialism, of political propaganda, or anything else even remotely objectionable.
And while I'm at it, I'd like to know the reasoning behind jumping to conclusions and condemning something without even knowing what it entails. Are we not supposed to find out what we're talking about, before we go off expounding on our oh-so-informed opinions? One would think, that would be the intelligent, reasonable way to approach something like this. As in - reserving judgement and opinion until the speech was actually made???

Redteux

Asked by Redteux at 6:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. Nothing to apologize for. I still feel like I do,and nothing is going to change that. Are you prepared to apologize for all the nasty crap you and others talk about Bush all the time? Probably not,so no difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I was never worried about the speech, I was worried about the lesson plan that was supposed to go after the speech....the results of that would depend entirely on each teacher.

I'm sure many teachers handled it responsibly and without political bias, and I'm sure many didn't.
    Anonymous

• If you can find where I talked "crap" about Bush, I'll be more than happy to apologize. And the difference would be - criticism leveled BEFORE something happened, as opposed to criticism leveled as a RESPONSE to something. I'm talking about all the criticism BEFORE the speech was even made.
    You must be mistaking me for a liberal.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 6:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Don't have to. They rewrote the speech and didn't hand out the communist fanifesto for the kids to read or write.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No I will not apologize for Obama wasting 3 days re-writing a speech, and wasting only God knows how many days on that curriculum B.S.. While he ignores the fact he has no clue what the EFF he is doing. Thank you Obama for not telling Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Chavez to go blow each other, when we all know you should have.Thank you Obama for not setting up any missile defense in Poland and continue to make us the laughing stock of the world.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• OP DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thank you Obama for not doing your job instead wasting valuable time and money to address kindergartners!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I owe no apology to you, the public or anyone else. Had Obama released the content of his speech the day he announced his intentions there would be no issue. Schools are NOT a political platform. Asking schools to speak to my children on any subject not related to reading, writing, math and what is on the tests they must pass is NEVER going to walk be they democrat or republican. By not releasing speech content until after so many parents were in an uproar it begs the question of when it was written. The mere appearance of impropriety seems to be all it takes to convct one these days. The crucifiction of Bush is proof enough of that. Why the instant distrust...well lets see are we on number 19 or is it 20 known lies from the campaign now. His 'transparency' needs work, a lot of work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Figures! But if the shoe were on the other foot, they would be raising cain (no not McCain, silly!) about those that opposed to apologize for our mishandling and misunderstanding....And for jumping the gun.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• LOL...I like Crissy1213's answers.
    Anyway. Nope, I have nothing to apologize for. My kids aren't in school yet, but I still wouldn't have wanted them there. I don't trust the man, he's a snake. And frankly, don't need him telling my kids to "stay in school". Thats my job as their parent...not his job.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009