How does your baby go to sleep?

First, what age is your baby? How do you put him or her to sleep, do you always nurse or rock your baby to sleep, and wait from him or her to fall asleep on you before putting them down? Or do you put your baby down and wait for him or her to fall asleep on their own?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 9 mths. Sometimes we rock him to sleep first then put him in his crib, other times we just put him in the crib. every night he falls asleep between 8:30-9:30 and wakes up at around 6:30 every morning
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• She is 15 months, we do a bed time bath, lotion, pjs, reading, then turn on her music and lights, and put her in her crib. 99% of the time she is out like a light in ten minutes.
    When she was an infant she would only fall asleep while nursing, which ended up horrible as she got older she needed a bottle at bed time (just water, but still). Eventually we broke her of it, and now it is smooth sailing.. Most of the time anyhow!! :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• From the very beginning....

Give a bottle while rocking in the chair.
    Burp after every couple of ounces.
    Bottle done, baby into bed on tummy and walk out the door.

I rarely had to go back in, they almost always went right to sleep...naps and nighttime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When she was newborn I rocked her after her bottle. Now she's 9 months and I give her her last bottle after her bath and cereal, then I put her down and she falls asleep before I'm even out of the room. She's up later though for another bottle lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• DD is almost 4, and she now goes to sleep in her bed after brushing her teeth, going on the potty, and snuggling with me. DS just turned 2, and he nurses to sleep.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• At about 8:30 every night the whole family gathers on Mom and Dad's bed for "Wind Down". We talk, laugh and play a little, then ds (he'll be a year this week) gets a sippy of milk and we lay him down. No rocking or anything, he is just pretty much out! He sleeps from about 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son is 4 months 12 days. I wait for him to get sleepy but usually do not wait until he is asleep. Then I place him in his bassinette or on our bed on his side with his binky in his mouth and his monkey blanket under his arms. I usually cover him in a woven, cotten, baby blanket that he eventually pulls over his face (he's always done this). He "sings" himself to sleep once I have him set up.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My girl will be one sept 26th. I (sometimes) give her a bath, then I nurse her sitting up in bed. When shes almost fully asleep then I lay down with her in my bed and nurse her to sleep. She'll go to sleep between 8:30 pm to 10:30pm.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I still haven't figured out how to get my DS to sleep. Lol! He is 9 weeks tomorrow. Rocking..doesn't work for him (when I do it, bc he smells my milk, I guess..) Co-sleeping doesn't work because he constantly wakes me up( I have been doing this), and tries to roll over on his belly, which scares me..bc there are pillows) I am envious of you ladies who say your baby is out like a light! The only reason my baby is sleeping today is bc he got his shots, and has had a few doses of infant tylenol.
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 8:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My baby is 8 months old. We always rock her to sleep first then lay her in her bed and thats always at like 9 and she sleeps until about 7 and it has to be me mommy rocking her or she just crys .
    GRACIESMOM1223

Answer by GRACIESMOM1223 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009