Advice ladies

Ok, so i'm 26 weeks pregnant. This is my thrid. My first two were girls and this one is a boy. Well the last few days I have been having what i think is Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm pretty sure that's what they are. My stomach gets really tight and I have lower back pain.. I never had Braxton Hicks with either of my girls. Is it normal to have them this early in pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, they can happen as early as the fifth month. They will go away eventually. Try changing positions and try some relaxation techniques. Unless you start bleeding or the contractions get worse and do not go away with a little bit of time and changing of positions, call your doctor. It is not uncommon for BH contractions to be associated with lower back pain.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 7:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I started having them around 16 weels. as long as they don't hurt, aren't regular, and there is no blood they are normal. add any of the above and call your doc. if you make sure you are very well hydrated it will help the BH not come as often
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I've been able to feel contractions all through my pregnancy this time. My midwife said it's due to my body being more sensitive now since I've already had babies. I also think I felt them early because I knew what they felt like instead of passing alot off to gas, I knew they were contractions.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Drink more water. That's the only thing that helps with me. Sounds just like what I deal with when I have Braxton Hicks. It's annoying and at first a little scary but nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it could be dehydration, you lose alot more water being prego in the heat. if they go away after drinking water, they are not braxton-hicks...
    LucyMom08

Answer by LucyMom08 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009