so how is your day going?

Hopefully better than mine. My hubby left for a year in Iraq this morning

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh gosh I am sorry. My thanks for his service to our country. But how you'll miss him. (((hugs)))

Answer by Bmat at 7:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• op- I already miss him terribly! but the upside is that he will be home for a few weeks in january to be with me for the birth of our daughter! I just hope she cooperates with her due date.

And thank you very much for your support. it means a lot that what he does is appreciated!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It is appreciated by MANY of us. All of my family members support our troops!

I am sorry that you have to sacrifice so much, I dont know how you military wives do it.

Its great that he gets to come home for the birth though!!! Yea for that ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes I agree, tell him Thank you from our family too!! My Hubby isn't gone for that long but he is away for a month at a time with his job. I just make a list everyday, stick to it, and keep myself busy with the kids etc. You can do it, and just know how proud you should be of him. And hang out here, there's always someone to talk to!! PM me if you need anything!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• thank you, ladies, for making a horrible day much better! And to answer your question, we military wives do it because we have to. our hubby's have to go, there is nothing we can do about it. So we make the choice to stay strong and keep our heads up. After all, we have a whole lifetime with our hubby's, they are only gone a year.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009