used??

what do you think of buying clothes from like a kid mart used clothes store? they are used but is that ok? how far would you go? would you buy underwear for a toilet training boy there? im not sure how i feel but kids clothes are so expensive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would buy new underwear and such, but as far as skirts, shirts, jackets, anything like that that can be washed (I was raised in 2nd hand clothes) and I have bought them since my kids were babies. But I'm sure that underwear is ok, but my mom just taught me that was too iky so I don't do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I bought TONS of clothes second hand for my LO. We have an awesome used clothes store down the street. Most of the clothes I buy there are good brands (BabyGap, OshKosh, Ralph Lauren, etc.). They range in price from fifty cents to about three dollars. Little ones grow out of clothes so quick that most really aren't that worn in. I grew up on second hand stuff so I am used to this. If you're buying second hand you just have to use your judgement. If they are stained or torn or too used looking I don't buy them. Just wash before you let them wear them. And, uh, I wouldn't buy used undies or bathingsuits. I would say undergarments are probably best bought new.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have no problem with buying used or "consigned" clothes. I've bought a few things, like a holiday dress that clearly had only been worn once. Once they are washed, what is the big deal? You can also get really nice things on E-bay. Sometimes the clothes in consignment stores still have the new tags!

I might hesitate with underwear though... I'd get that new, but that is just me. If you wash it in hot water... truly what difference would it make?
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 7:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Think about it. When someone tries on clothes in a store and puts them back then they are now used so what's the difference? Most used clothes in second hand stores are clothes kids don't even wear so moms donate them. All my kids wore used clothes but I chose name brands so they would be wearing what everyone else wore which was important to them. I did buy new underwear for them though.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I love second-hand stores for kids clothing. I would never buy underwear from one, though.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 8:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I love second-hand clothes! Of course, I buy my LO new clothes once in awhile, but they are just sooo expensive! I like to find clothes at rummage sales.. sometimes you can find clothes in really good condition.. I mean come on, how long do they fit into some of them? Not long enough to really ruin them! lol.

I wouldnt buy underwear tho. Underswear, socks..and sucks i'd buy new.. just because.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009