used??

what do you think of buying clothes from like a kid mart used clothes store? they are used but is that ok? how far would you go? would you buy underwear for a toilet training boy there? im not sure how i feel but kids clothes are so expensive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you should do what you can afford. If I buy something used I always make sure to wash it before letting my children wear it though. I've found some really cute and very nice things at used clothing stores. A toilet training boy? Well my son is 3 and has had LOTS of underwear go to waste because of this so I'm again sticking with the "wash it before you use it" thing. It's what YOU feel comfortable with babe.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The way kids grow (especially my son) it is more cost effective to do second or even third hand clothes. I do however buy him new socks and will buy him new underwear. If it is good enough for me, it is good enough for him.

I wash everything in the basement before it comes into our house though... just in case. Either way, you are suppose to wash brand new clothes from the store before you wear it as well!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I buy thrift store cloths ALL the time, today in fact ;)

I make sure they are in GOOD condition, no tears or stains....I usually buy name brand....they seem to hold up better and are just as cheap ;)

But I would NEVER buy used underwear, we are not that poor yet, I always tell my dh that if we get to the point where we are so poor we cant afford new undies, then we will just go commando ;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Bleach is my best friend so I see no issue with it, lol
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i would buy new underwear and shoes, but there is nothing wrong with used clothes. think about it this way, would you wear used underwear or shoes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• marshall's, tjmaxx and other such stores are great, it's new, name brand clothing for used prices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• anon at 8:16....those stores are great and I have found SOME really good deals once in a while...but the thrift store beats them HANDS DOWN for pricing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009