How can I explain this to him so he will understand and STOP asking!?

My roommates son is 8 and attends a catholic school. They aren't die-hard catholics or anything so I'm not even 100% sure why he goes there. Anyways, he's asked me three times in the past two weeks what religion my 2 1/2 month old daughter is! Neither my boyfriend nor myself are religious people (we believe in God and heaven and all that but we are no set religion) so I simply told him that we are not relgious so we don't plan on raising our daughter with a set religion...and he doesn't seem to understand! I don't want to hurt his feelings for asking but he almost makes me feel guilty!! How can I explain it to him without hurting his feelings and in a way to where he'll STOP asking?

CrystalJanie

Asked by CrystalJanie at 7:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He's eight, Turn it around ask him why he wants to know and go from there. Keep asking questions that comes form his first answer. One your getting him to think about why he's asking and two he will get as tired of your questions as you are of his. We don't always have to answer children. I've found at times it's best to ask them questions, make their little minds think.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Tell him it's a personal question and to ask his parents what that means.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• TELL HIM THAT SHE HAS TO BE OLDER LIKE HIM TO HAVE ONE,

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• just tell him that. and explain that not everyone goes to the same church. there are differant religions and beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• just say your not religious....and if he keeps asking tell him to ask his parents to explain it

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• since you beleive in God, you could just say that you're christians and that you beleive in God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would say she' to little to have a religion.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• maybe this is God using this little boy to get you to think about Jesus! If you love your daughter you would want to know the truth! He is concerned about you! nothing will fix it till you tell him you love Jesus too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Explain to him that religion is a personal choice. As of now, your daughter is too young to make that kind of choice. Explain that while you enjoy seeing him choosing his religion, this is something your daughter will have to do when she get's older.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009