Should I goto Cali for my fiance's Grandmothers funeral?

My friance's grandmother just passed away, I've never met her nor have I ever heard anyone say a kind word about her. His mother had basically disowned her I don't really even understand why we're going. Anyway, they (his mom, sister and him) want to goto the funeral which we had planned on doing, but now there's a twist, my grandfather is in the hospital. They think he may have had a heart attack but they're not sure, he's 80...Should I stay for grandpa, or should I go to be there with my fiance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh dear. I'd say it was your duty to go to the funeral, but if you honestly fear for your grandfather and are needed to provide comfort and help for his family, then you should stay. I am sorry that you are having such a troubling time. I hope your grandfather is OK.

Answer by Bmat at 7:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would stay for your grandfather. He should understand why you would want to stay especially if you're close with your family
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would say to be there for your own family. Your fiance can be with his own family bury grandma. It doesn't sound like he was that close to her.. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 7:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i would stay for my own family..
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it...This is a really hard decision, plus my fiance and I are basically inseparable. Since we've been together, we've not spent a night apart.
    mookie_840

Answer by mookie_840 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'd stay. He has supportive folks for him so he won't be alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Stay, if there is any chance that your grandfather dies while you are gone then I don't think you'd be able to forgive yourself that you went to a funeral of a woman you've never met knowing that your grandfather was ill and it could be the last time you see him. I hope your grandfather gets better soon.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009