What are obvious signs that your son may be gay, or bi-sexual? Need serious advice please.

What are the signs of a teenaged boy 15, that might be gay or bisexual? Whether he is or not, the love for him will never change. He says he is confused and depressed. What should we be looking for?

Need some serious advice here.

Thanks!

Email me tntnmd2@aol.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• How to tell if your son or daughter is gay - Teen Challenges - Helium

by Donna May Leshnick. First off, if you're already questioning about your child being gay or not, they probably are then. The signs are there but are you ...
    www.helium.com/knowledge/1077-how-to-tell-if-your-son-or-daughter-is-gay
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2008

• I suppose there would be lack of interest in girls, not so much into "guy things", has more girlfriends than guy friends. There were several boys I went to school with and now there openly gay and basically those were the signs when we were in school. Pretty much we knew they were gay, but they never openly said it, or maybe they just didn't know it yet. Some of those boys were interested a lot in fashion, how they looked, sometimes played with make-up (never went to school with it on)... its hard to tell, every gay or bisexual person is different and most likely at this age is he is gay or bisexual, he prolly doesn't even know it himself. He's prolly just confused about who he is, and it might take him until his 20s to really know.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2008

• I think that all you can do is help him deal with his feelings of confusion. At 15 he doesn't have to decide his sexual orientation yet if he isn't ready. Let him know you love him & only want him to be happy. Encourage him to accept & evaluate all the feelings he has. If he has romantic feelings towards both genders he might be bisexual, but he doesn't have to accept that label if he doesn't want to & he can choose if & when to act on those feelings. I personally believe that we are attracted to inviduals, not genders so I find labels like "gay" & "straight" to be false labels. Encourage him to be himself & his sexual preferences will become clear to him in time.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2008

• There Is No Real Way Of Telling!Just Be Open With Ur Son And Dont Judge Him Bcuz If He Is And He Knows That U Will Still Love Him Then He Will Tell U In Due Time!
    ms.princess949

Answer by ms.princess949 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2008

• Well if you don't care either way, why do you want to know. Are you going to look up symptoms, then proudly announce that you've solved his confusion! Send the boy to a psychologist! He needs a third party to talk to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2008

• There is no way of telling. If he is confused then he doesn't know; therefore you can't know. My husband is bisexual but was just like any other guy in high school except most of his friends were girls, but he did have guy friends. I'm bisexual and most of my friends were guys but I had some friends that were girls. However, neither of us realized it till we were older. Many teenagers do not realize it till they are older and just wander around confused.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• I agree with counseling especially with the depression part. I think it is normal when a person doesn't feel "correct" in the way they feel about themself. WE all go through self-esteem problems. He is obvioulsy questioning personal things and it is usually easier to talk to a stranger than his mom or friends. Just love and support him through all of this. Most of all get him the help so that the depression does not become worse.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 2:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• Have you considered talking with your child? It's obviously concerning to you. Good luck!
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 11:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2008

• my son is 14 also he has not begon to get into girls . but he has adhd, bi-polar begining ,impulse control,prevassive developmentally delayed,oppositional defient disorder,organic brain disorder,aggressive personality disorder. so i would rather see him wait till he can control his behavior. email me for more info.qpeacockkid@peoplepc.com
    qpeacockkid

Answer by qpeacockkid at 3:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2008

• Hi I have a nephew who is now 20 years old he "came out when he was 19". I always felt he was gay he loved to play dress-up, always played barbies, never had a girl friend. Even the he acted was feminine.  I always accepted and loved him.  If he is depressed I would suggest counseling. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2008