Is there a "sprititual" explanation for deja vu?

Just wondering. I get that feeling a lot, I wanted to know if it's mentioned in anywhere in a religious context.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I get that feeling all the time. My mom and I have had many dreams that have come true. Some of hers have been more serious though (like a car accident my bio-father was in) while mine are mainly normal-everyday things.

I'll be interested to see if there are any scriptures related to this aside from the whole "stay away from psychics" lectures.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• everyone is a little psychic you know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'll think of a song and sing it in my head, then it'll come on the radio. FREAKY!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Many think it has to do with a past life and a memory or some piece of it catching you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• While it is not in any text that I know of, I believe it is the souls way of "reminding" itself of the chart it wrote before it got here. De ja vu os just a way to make sure you are on the right track and where you are supposed to be. JMO.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I get that feeling all the time as well, I always get it when I'm with my mom or sister. They make fun of me because out of nowhere I'll say "we've done this before" or I'll finish their sentence and ask if we've talked about this before. Or "I've already been here" they think I'm weird. Lol.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• That's a great questions. I've read the scientific mambo jumbo to explain away deja..but the only spiritual answer I've heard is that it has to do with past life regression. That doesn't make much sense to me either. I do think we have these big brains that we don't use..maybe deja vue is us tapping into the portion of our brains that mainly go unused.

Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 10:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You know i've heard it spoken of in islam .. however i dont remember it well enough to tell you about it. I remember when i was a young young girl i had a dream..and a couple of years later i found my self in that very same position..and i remembered it having occurred in my dream and i often wondered if my soul was preparing me for what was coming my way. it was weird. i'm going to try to find out again what the islamic perspective on that is.. i think that's a great question too..cait
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it would depend on the religion in question.

those that believe in reincarnation, could chalk it up to past life experiences.

those that believe in heaven, could chalk it up to a sign from God.

those that don't believe in any form of a higher power could chalk it up to simple coincidence.

others may see it as a sign toward the future, and so on.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Past life cell memory. We remember places and even behaviors from lives we have lived there before. Or you're extremely psychic and see these places, or actions, before they happen.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009