what do u do with a baby that is never happy?

All she wants to do it eat, literally... She's 18 lbs and almost 6 months old. She doesn't want to be put down long and she hates being in her crib. I try belly time and bouncer time and she hates it. She will play in her excersaucer for no more than 15 mins then she wants out. She either wants held or a bottle... what can i do, i'm so frustrated? Oh and she hates her crib but that is a slow process as it is... :o(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well does she sleep in her crib? if not maybe that would be the first step..getting her used to her crib so when you need time for anything she ca beput in there and be fine with some toys. also dont pick her up everytime she fusses. keep her in the exersaucer..as long as she fed,changed and in no danger keep her there. dont offer a bottle everytime she cries,.only at feedings. belly time is important as well so like i said before if all her needs are met no need to go rushing to her. she knows you will give in and pick her up, so lettingher cry or self soothe is important.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• All the advice about letting her cry and not picking her up is not going to help. It's just mean. Babies need to be held. If she is going through a phase of needing extra attention, denying her the attention is only going to make her crave it more and fuss when she doesn't get it. Try wearing her in a sling or a wrap, and just realize that this isn't going to last forever.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• She may be reacting to your stress. Play some soft relaxing music to soothe her and maybe a baby massage. I used to get my housework done and get in the floor with my kids at that age so I didn't have to hold them but they knew I was there. I would talk to them and touch them and give them toys but I wouldn't feed them all the time. Most of all, when she does sleep you need to rest and de-stress (bubble bath, shower, whatever).

Answer by admckenzie at 8:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• okay- op here. Here it is:

- she does sleep in her crib, it's just a battle getting her to sleep.
    - she has always been needy and I can't carry her aroung in a sling, she would not only HATE it but she it 18 lbs!
    - I am stressed but I do give her relaxing music, etc. I'm a student, married to a student who works full time and we have two kids. It's fine, we handle it but we arent sure what to do with her. some say let her cry and some say pick her up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• like i said before if all her needs are met there is nothing wrong with letting her cry for a bit. i am a very attached parent and i dont feel that this is mean at all. and some babies just dont like to be in a sling. and its good that she sleeps in her crib..CIO if done correctly is fine. set aside time espeacialy for you and her to cuddle maybe an hour before bedtime just you and her and some relaxing music. then maybe her "fix" of attention will be met. good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Do what feels right then. If you feel fine with letting her cry or with picking her up, ignore everyone's advice and do what feels right.
    For a baby who's always been needy, extra human touch can be very calming. I'm not saying to NEVER put her down, but wearing her while you vacuum or do dishes would be more mommy/daddy contact and she might calm down some. It might not work, but if you have tried everything and you still have issues, it's just my suggestion.
    FYI - there are carriers that work great for babies/toddlers up to 45 pounds. I have the Ergo, and it's great for my 25pound 2 yr old, and even my 35 pound 4 yr old.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• WHY would u want to carry a 2 or 4 year old around?????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009