What do you think of the Discovery Channel?

This is mainly for those who do NOT believe in evolution, the big bang, the earth being 6 billion years old, etc, etc...but anyone can answer. What do you think about the documentaries on the Discovery Channel that talk about these things stating them as fact? Do you just not watch? Do you watch just to learn what other people think? Do you learn anything from these shows? Do they anger you?

I was the Discovery Channel and other documentary channels CONSTANTLY :) In fact I am right now. I believe in most of the science they are talking about...although sometimes I am skeptical of theories they are describing. But I was just wondering how someone could watch some of this stuff and totally write it off as false?

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's one of my favorite channels, next to History and Nat. Geo. They all are usually pretty unbiased and state all sides of any argument. They identify what is belief, what is theory, and what is fact pretty well...if you are listening!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My 7 yr old ds watches the Discovery channel like it's cartoons:) Thank goodness; at least he's learning stuff from it!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I love the Discovery Channel. A lot of cool programs.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i'm not a big DC fan. i've watched, when a show interests me, for historical reference or just to see what may be said as someone else's opinion..that's pretty much defines the DC for me..someone else's opinion/theory. theory does not = fact, which is apparent if you listen closely to the wording on most of their series. interesting, but it doesn't always wash for me.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• thehairnazi....as has been said on here many times before....the scientific definition of theory is MUCH different than the layman's definition. Gravity is a theory, do we doubt that exists?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I like this history channel and NatGeo channel better. I don't like watching shows about the big bang theory but I do like watching shows about evolution. Just because I believe we were created doesn't mean I can't believe that evolution was also created to help us survive changes in the world. I don't believe we just popped up from a single cell that slithered out of the water but I can believe that things evolve due to changes in their environment. The big bang theory just doesn't make sense to me, thats too much to come out of a bunch of particles coming together in outter space. The world is too perfect (in natures sense, not in what we've done with the world) to have just "happened by chance".
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Love the Discovery Channel. It's a HUGE resource in my homeschooling.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't own a television so it's not a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• im not a big fan of DC...but i do LOVE Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe is SOO cute!) & the Planet Earth series.

i prefer History Channel & NatGeo. i like learning about what other ppl believe tho sometimes it seems way too far fetched for me. i believe in creator led evolution, so i do believe most of the stuff i they say...just not everything.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I love mythbusters.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009