I want to start running....

So as I was chasing after my 3 year old at the park today I decided that I liked the feeling I got after I ran. I want to start running but have no idea how to go about it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• just keep running. and practice your breathing. there are plenty of books on running. listening to music helps me, but i don't suggest it in a crowded city street. lol. i just let the music play, and cncentrate on my breathing. "in, in , ouuutt" nose is in, mouth is out. then once you have the breathing part down, your mind can wander and you will do it naturally. just push yourself past the wall.. the part when you think you will die! and then you will feel a "runner's high" (prob what you got in the park) and be able to go for a long time. work up slowly... like run for 10 or 15 minutes a day and slowly increase your time so you dont burn out.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• check out the couch 2 5k program. You can google it!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009