what should I do about my husband?

I have been married for exactly two years. On my anniversery the other day my husband told me he can't stand to be around me. He said i'm mean to his son (yes i make him mind but i'm not mean)(his son (6) and me have troubles because he doesn't like me.) I"m with the son allllll the time so yes sometimes i get upset with him who wouldn't. My husband goes to his friends house everyday after work and dsoesn't come back till i'm in bed. he said he doesn't want me to move out but I don't think I can survive much longer being hated and unloved. (cause his son sure doens't love me (his son is with us 24-7) I'm 27 weeks pregnant and i don't think it's to good for me to be stressed out and crying all the time about this. help and any words of advice? I'm tried of crying. I'm still very much in love with this man and can't even think about living with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• have you sat down and talked without any distractions? there has to be something else going on that he isn't saying. if it was only how you treated his son, why didn't he mention it earlier?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• In all honesty I wouldn't tolerate that, and I'm really not trying to be mean but are you sure he is going to his friends house, and if he is are you sure he isn't carrying on a relationship with someone else? I would talk to him, but it sounds like he has made up his mind. Do what's right for you, I for one wouldn't be his child-sitter or doormat any longer.Good Luck~

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 8:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• figure out what exactly he feels is wrong with you..(and no nothing is wrong with you) but just what he feesl you can improve on. your relationship cannot last like this. you need to get a better relationship with his son as well..and you knew he was a package deal when you married right? well just sit down and discuss what you two feel would better your relationship,
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• hit him over the head with a frying pan! just kidding...seriously though, i would try and get marriage counseling. the way he's acting is NOT cool.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with hmhuttson , did you try to find out why his son doesn't like you.?
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• have you tried sitting down with him and his son together and addressing why his son dislikes you? maybe he's just having a tough time dealing with the new baby or his dad's still relatively new marriage. If you are truly unhappy and feel you can go it alone, trust your instinct. Don't feel as though you have to stay miserable just because you don't want to leave your marriage. Also, I know from experience that taking care of someone else's child is NOTHING like caring for your own. Sometimes we do things better or worse with someone else's child than we do our own children - if you're not cut out for daycare, that's ok - it doesn't mean you won't be a wonderful mom for your own child - we ALL need help with our children, wheither they are stepchildren or our own. Good luck to you.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I knew about the child and I love his child. I just can't get him to want to be around me or anything. His son and me are in consculing. so i'm trying and yes my husband is going to his friends house. His friend is my friend too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Did you try and talk to him and his son? Maybe his son thinks he's grown and it's okay to tell him about himself....(he IS a child!) For your husband, I would try talking to him more and letting him know your feelings. Some of us women mess up b/c we want our men to be perfect and you know that they're far from that! lol Seriously, if he doesn't want to hear anything you have to say, it might be time to drop him. I know it might be hard b/c you're in love but if the counseling and talking doesn't work, you know what to do. I've been down this road before so I know how you feel. Good Luck!!
    QueenBee319

Answer by QueenBee319 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009