Calling all tattoo artists!

I have been thinking of getting a tattoo, but I am not sure if what I have been thinking about is plausible. It's hard for me to get out without the kids to go ask an artist in person so I thought I would put it up here and see what you think.

I was thinking about getting two WWII era fighter planes (most likely on my back somewhere), and putting my son's names under the cockpit where the name of the airplane is normally at.

Here is a link to a picture of the aircraft I want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauri_vain/2713234605/
Where it says "Old Crow" in this picture I would put the boys names and put their birthdates for the tail numbers.

For those of you who are tattoo artists (or married to one), do you think this would be possible to do and have come out looking right? If so, about how much do you think it would cost or how much would you charge? Don't worry, I will research an artist first!!

CorgiMomma

Asked by CorgiMomma at 8:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Hey Cheryl- Just a FYI for you since I've been calling around so much...average shop costs from my research is that they run about $100 an hour... my tattoos which are all around 6"x4" each took two hours for outline/color but they also arenttoo intricate. Dont be afraid to print that out and bring it in and ask for a quote! Alot of times an artist will give a discount off their $100 an hour and give you a flat rate.. like my back for example they will charge hourly because it will take multiple sittings, but for my kids footprints they said a flat $120 for both because its a simple job for her... so the only way to know for sure is to take it in and get a quote! I am so bummed, I found the artist I want for my back piece but shes booked 6 months out! I really want her to do it, I love her style.. so guess I have to keep waiting!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3/
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 9:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• ^ tattoo mom group.. great resource!

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Thanks! I've applied to the group as well, just waiting to be admitted.

I talked to my DH about this tonight and he said he likes the idea! (He should... it's his favorite plane.) Yay!
    CorgiMomma

Answer by CorgiMomma at 10:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• DO IT!!! hehe
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009