Im pregnant and I have a question

I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I am having terrible all day sickness. Is there any home remedies I can take to make me feel better? And when will it start going away?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat saltines or suck on peppermint or chocolate. Saltines worked best for me

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Goldfish and lemonade done the trick for me. Everyone told me saltines and sprite, but those never done the trick. Only seemed to make it worse. Congrats and hope your "all day sickness" goes away soon! lol :)
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My doctor told me to take an extra B6 vitamin. It does help a lot, but you should consult your doctor about the vitamin before taking it.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• There's things you can try, but nothing will take it away completely. Lemons are good, ginger can work too. Try eating small meals frequently...snacking really. It *should* start getting better in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well, God Bless You and your baby! Be happy for the all day sickness, it's a sign that everything is "working". THEY just don't tell you it lasts all day.
    One midwife friend of mine told me to try Honey Nut Cheerios, dry. I did, and it worked. I ate them exclusively for about 3-4 weeks. I also found that I craved milk. I never heard anyone else say THAT.
    Are you vomiting all the time, or just feeling terrible/nausea? Because you dont' want to get dehydrated. Ask your doctor if you just arent' keeping anything down.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Preggie Pop Drops. You can buy them at Motherhood maternity, and Babies R Us :D
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 8:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Most of the time 'morning sickness' disappears after the first 3 months. It does sometimes hang around the entire pregnancy - mine does! Eating little amounts of food all day long helps a lot. I can be SO nauseous, abd will force myself to eat a couple bites. I usually will go about 2 hours before feeling nauseous again. Carry hard candy with you, that can also help.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My sickness lasted 20weeks with my first two and i didn't have any with my 3rd. Crackers in the morning helped--an empty stomach made things way worse!!! I'll have to try those preo pop drops because i am feeling really sick with this pregnancy!!! I am about 7wks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Im not going to be so optimistic.. I had "all day" sickness the whole darn pregnancy haha. The only thing that got me through was the saltines also. And I ate a lot of tums... a lot! I would have both laying by my bed and would eat crackers along with a few tums b4 i would even get up in the am. And i constantly ate little snacks. Sweet things would upset my stomach also. Try doing everything extra bland. Stay away from strong smells, including food. Lots of deep breaths. Also, dont try to not get sick.. i hate throwing up but i always felt so much better once i did! But I too have heard that it means everything is working good when you have morning sickness. Good luck and congrats!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Preggie pop drops rock!!! it is the sour that helps. Also Seaband has acupressure bands might help (my friend and my aunt both used them during chemo and it helped with nausea) Ginger is supposed to help. frequent, small meals helped me. Stay away from fatty/greasy foods like cheese, butter, fast food. . . Good luck. . . congrats on the little one. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2009