birthcontrol help!!!!!

okay so i have my 6 week appointment tomorrow since having my son and my doctor wants to discuss birthcontrol. well my bluecross and blueshield got canceled and i switched over to my husbands plan which is beech street. well they dont cover any type of birthcontrol unless its medically necessary. i really wanted to get mirena but withour insurance its costs almost 600 bucks and i cant afford to pay 30 bucks a month for pills.. do you guys have any advice besides condoms because i know that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Locate your states Family Planning Organization. They'll typically do it for free or at a low cost for women who don't have insurance that covers birth control.

And as a side note, depending on what state you live in a pharmacist legally has to give you birth control even if you can't pay for it.
    (My husband is a pharmacist in Illinois and that's how it is here.)
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009