After 3 years of trying to become pregnant, do you think I would ever become pregnant, or it's something that I am not doing right

Tslove23

Asked by Tslove23 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to a fertility specialist, sweetie.
    I hate to say it but maybe something just isn't work right down there. If it's not then you can stop driving yourself crazy and look into other alternatives. And if everything is one hundred percent fine then you can still look into other alternatives but of a different sort.
    I hope everything turns out well for you.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 8:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with jennifer. There may be nothing wrong. However, your OB/GYN should refer you to a specialist after 1 year of actively trying to conceive. My kids are 10 years apart and I was not on any bc during that time. I have polycystic ovary syndrome and didn't know it for 15 years. My OB told me it was a fluke that I got pregnant the 2nd time. It's a very hard thing to deal with when you really want more children. But things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to. If there is nothing wrong physically, then chill out and try not to WORK at having a baby. Relax and let nature do the hard work. LOL
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 9:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think it will happen for u...there is hope as long as there is life...but u may won't to go to a specialist for answers...
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• time to see a doctor....the doctor told me that not concieving after 5 years was not just bad luck there is something wrong....so at least talk to a doctor :)
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 3 years is a long time. Your odds are not good that you will achieve pregnancy naturally. Its not impossible but your odds are poor. The first thing you must do is to find out what the problem is. and then go from there. Age can simply be a determining factor or you or your partner may have issues. The only way to find out the problems is to go through some testing. I have gone through some of these tests and if you want you can ask be about them if you are nervous. In the case with my husband and I his age as well as a previous vasectomy and two reversals and scarring are the main issues. However I recently discovered that one of my fallopian tubes are blocked. So with both of our issues, we are proceeding with IVF. In my case nothing caused the blockage in my tube as I have never had and diseases or std's. In fact the doc said it could have very well been there since birth. Good luck!!!
    Sarahp1379

Answer by Sarahp1379 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2009