birthcontrol help

okay so i have my 6 week appointment tomorrow since having my son and my doctor wants to discuss birthcontrol. well my bluecross and blueshield got canceled and i switched over to my husbands plan which is beech street. well they dont cover any type of birthcontrol unless its medically necessary. i really wanted to get mirena but withour insurance its costs almost 600 bucks and i cant afford to pay 30 bucks a month for pills.. do you guys have any advice besides condoms because i know that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• I fam methods, whcih is like NAP except on your more fertile days we use condoms or daiphrams. It works really well and helps me resognize when I do ovulate or even when I'm going to start my period (I'm not very regular). I got the book Taking charge of your fertility" and its a great book that helps me chart my cycles. I would give that a try.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• opps nfp not nap lol (natural family planning)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• you could also go to your local health dept. most the time they have services that are income based.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can also get pills based on income at Planned Parenthood or the health department. Walmart offers generic brands of a lot of drugs for $4 a month, see if there is a generic bc pill that you can take and is offered on the list at Walmart.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• try Planned Parenthood for free or reduced cost birth control
    aromick

Answer by aromick at 2:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Get a Diaphragm: no hormones, no side effects.
    Never caused a stroke, infertility or PID
    Never the subject of class action lawsuits.
    Instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2009