t.m.i...after vaginal birth

i just had my baby a week ago.when i walk it feels like my vagina is sooo swollen.sometimes i get a sting feeling.i only had a little tear and got 2 stitches.do i have to get those taken out by the way.im scared my uterus is gonna fall out because i heard that could happen to if you do too much.the most i do is walk to the store and go to the front to get some air.i spend most of my time with my baby.is it normal to feel that in the vaginal area ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Health

• ohh hun u will be sore for a lil. ( least u didnt get a monster hemroid ) but your gonna be sore and the stitches should disolve on there own..any questions just call your doc...its ok...congrats on the new baby..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't remember feeling that way, but then my first delivery was terrible and I was in a TON of pain!! However, I imagine they used the stitches that dissolve. If you have a checkup at 6? Weeks your doctor will check to make sure they are gone! Congratulations!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Everything you are feeling is normal. The swelling is normal. The stinging is likely due to the tear and is also normal. You will feel better down there very soon.

No you do not have to get your stitches out, they will dissolve with time.

No, your uterus will not fall out, but you should continue to take it easy for another 5 weeks. Walking is fine. Avoid lifting anything heavier than your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• oh yes i did..lol..i got too big hemmorhoids they've gone down since because of the prep h. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I don't know who told you your uterus might fall out, but they must have a fourth grade education. The stinging feeling is your stitches healing. They will dissolve. I had the same concern after I brought my son home from the hospital.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I had an analgesic spray and tucks pads. Both felt very good. If you didn't get the spray from the hospital, it's also available at the pharmacy. I can give you the name, but I don't remember it offhand. Just be careful not to breathe the mist----it numbs your mouth too.....
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009