how do you keep your kids from fighting all day when they can't go outside ?

we live in an apartment with no place to play outside they have one friend in the area but she hasn't been home much this summer. We also are getting ready to move i'm tring to find a place with a little yard.

momofcsg

Asked by momofcsg at 5:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I keep lots of rainy day projects on hand like beads. I have even dumped out my pastas to let them glue. Just give them glue, lol. No I also have toys that they only see on inside days and rotate them so they are "new" again. Like puzzles and we do games. Being inside sometimes requires more of ME. But in an apartment I don't know who much room you have to keep things. I side track them when fighting and ask one or 2 for help with some cleaning I might be doing.
    momharvey

Answer by momharvey at 5:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We play I spy with my little eye, we turn music on and sing and dance, draw silly faces of each other.
    LiabraLady1965

Answer by LiabraLady1965 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with the previous posters. Books, games, crafts, music. I don't know if you have room, but I've made obstacle courses for my chidren. We have one of those tunnels, and I will put down a rope or something, and they start in the hall, have to jump over the rope, crawl over something, crawl through the tunnel, and then walk on washclothes (spread out like stepping stones).
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008