bad dr apt today... Need advice

I've been in pain for the past week. My cervix is closed but the dr thinks it may be shaped weird. What does that mean & what dammage could it cause? I have an ultrasound Tusday morning, but I'm worried. Dr said I'm high risk and I'll have to get shots every week to prevent preterm labor.

iheartkewi

Asked by iheartkewi at 9:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry that you are having this rough time. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, but I wanted you to hear that someone is thinking about you, and I'll include you in my prayers.

It sounds as though you are getting good care. Good luck at your ultrasound.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• More than likely it means that you may have what is called an "incompatent cervix." This puts you at risk for going into preterm labor because after a certain amount of pressure is put on your cervix from the prenancy it will begin to dilate much earlier than a women with a normal cervix.

Usually if this is the case the doctor will want to place a stitch in your cervix by 12 weeks pregnant to prevent miscarriage or preterm labor.

Many women have this condition and with proper care they go on to have happy healthy and normal full term pregnancies!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• dont stress..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 11:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009