Trouble at preschool

My son (3yrs) has been having an attitude lately at preschool throwing fits and screaming. Today was the third day in a row that he had thrown a fit at preschool. It doesn't seem like its anything in peticular that sets him off other than being told he can't do something he wants. I always make him apologize to his teacher for behaving the way that he did. I put him in time out today when we got home and told him when he gets in trouble at school he gets in trouble at home. And I told him before we left the parking lot he was going in time out for his behavior. I also talked to him before he went to bed tonight that he can't act like that and that he needed to stop. I don't know what else to do curve this behavior. Other than making him apologize to the teacher and a time out when he gets home what else can I do. I would take a toy away from him but he doesn't have a favorite toy. Help please.

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you are doing good
    stick too it and a few days of racognizing there are consequences at home to should sink it
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• maybe he is having problems adjusting. school is a hard thing. but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. it probably will just take some adjustment time. when my kids start school they save the acting up for when they get home until they become used to going to school.
    Nadine254

Answer by Nadine254 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• He has been going to preschool for a year now and has had this teacher for a good 7 months now. I think part of it has to do with his age and testing limits but I won't tolerate this kind of behavior. I wanted to come up with a sure fine way to get this to stop but I just can't think of anything good other than the time outs.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• find the cause for my son its always been change a routine change a new helper i n the clasroom a season change (like no more morning walks because its too cold) there is always osme change that sets my son off so mabey thats what going on in your house too
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2009