Okay So I Am Having Bad Sinus Issues.. What can I take or do???

JValenz

Asked by JValenz at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i believe sudafed is ok to take
    u can call your local pharmacy and double check with them
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• zyrtec it is in a small bottle or you can get it in individual packs prob. cheaper to get in bottle it is expensive, BUT very very good i have bad sinus problems and post nasal drip but trust me TRY it.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 9:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Try washing out your sinuses with warm salt water...Like in the neti pot commercials.
    I use bulb syringe ,fill it up with warm salty water (plain water will hurt ) lean over the sink ,tilt your head and squirt the water up one nostril...I usually have to sniff it in lol, and let it run out the other nostril. It will take a few squirts,but the water will wash out some of the stuff that's stuffed up there.
    My doctor recommended it as I have sinus trouble quite often.
    rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Zyrtec D, it is the ONLY thing that works for me. YOu have to get it from the pharmacist because it has pseudoephidrine in it. It is expensive but works wonders. You can also run a vaporizer when you sleep and if at all possible keep the windows closed. Shower before bed to get all the allergens and pollens off your skin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with the Neti pot idea. I swear by it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I use tiger balm on my forehead, or you can steam your sinus. Boil some water, add maybe some peppermint tea and make a tent out of a towel. Once when I was pg I was so plugged I thought I was going to vomit...a friend suggested I try some Hot Sour Soup. She took me to lunch, I ordered some...she had a box of tissues. I was almost drained clear before lunch was over.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Here's another vote for using a Netti Pot!
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 11:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• benedryl
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 12:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009