trying to lose a little more weight? need some help!

I am breast feeding i have an 8 week old as of 9/7/09 i am eating mostly healthy things and eating a little more! 5 weeks after i had her i went to the dr i was 165 i kno its going to take a little more time but i my goal is to be 130 (roughly) im afraid of dieting bc of the baby I am looking for open suggestions and a little help n mayb some encouragement my pregnancy weight was 186-190. breast feeding has helped a bit (alot) and some walking but im looking for a HEALTHY WAY to give it a boost that will be good for me and will not harm or pass thru my breast milk to the baby... She is slowly gaining weight and she is still a little peanut!

Jackie04

Asked by Jackie04 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggesti

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I just found a really cool website that is totally free. It tracks nutrition and fitness, and its different if you are pregnant or breastfeeding... Worth a try :). Good luck.

Sparkpeople.com
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i will definetly keep that in mind!! and i will definitely check out those websites
    Jackie04

Answer by Jackie04 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009