Have you been the victim of beauty discrimination?

Hi ladies! I'm working on an article for Glamour magazine and am looking for women who are between the ages of 20 and 40 who have experienced some form of discrimination based on looks. If you have a story to share, let me know! If you respond, I may ask you for more info. Thanks in advance!

sabrewer51

Asked by sabrewer51 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have I used to be a cna .I used to work in the homehealth industry.The husband had cancer and she was a very jealous person.She told me I am to pretty to work with my husband.The company took me off the case I was so mad.So because I was pretty I could not take care of her husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I think I've experienced some discrimination because of my looks its just seemed there were women I'd envoke jealousy or "cattiness" in. I've felt I've had to be extra nice to get people to give me a chance to get to know me before writing me off as a snot.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I've also been introduced to co-workers wives and given the 3rd degree and asked if I had a boyf/husb etc.

I love the mag btw, just not the Miley Cyrus issue!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hey guys... why would a person who works for glamour magazine be on here? This is a troll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• TROLL,she only just joined,be careful ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My downstairs neighbor (a man) has a girlfriend who is insanely jealous of me. I can't even say "hi" to him anymore because she's afraid he'll leave her for me. It's because I'm much more attractive than her. It's silly really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ladies....I am NOT a troll! I have been a member for over a year, but have been pretty inactive lately. I do some work for Glamour Magazine on a very part-time basis to assist them in finding sources for stories. I love that you are encouraging others to be cautious and looking out for your fellow mommies but please know that I am a mommy too and I'm just trying to get some anecdotes from people. My efforts are to expose discrimination based on appearances that happens in the U.S.

Look at my older posts....some have to do with general mom stuff, others have to do with Glamour stories.
    sabrewer51

Answer by sabrewer51 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Also....first poster (Anonymous). That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for ! Can you PM me please?
    sabrewer51

Answer by sabrewer51 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2009