breastfeeding

would it be ok to use special k products while breastfeeding...such as the cereal juices, snack bars, and shakes

adriana18

Asked by adriana18 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggesti

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know if you would want to strictly use that as your diet while your baby is so young. It would be good to add fruits and vegetables and lean meats plus added protein and calcium. If you are eating them as snacks, then it would not seem like a big issue. The plain Special K cereal is a WIC cereal and I still have boxes of it from when I was breastfeeding.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009