Have you been the victim of beauty discrimination?

Hi ladies! I'm working on an article for Glamour magazine and am looking for women who are between the ages of 20 and 40 who have experienced some form of discrimination based on looks. If you have a story to share, let me know! If you respond, I may ask you for more info. Thanks in advance!

sabrewer51

Asked by sabrewer51 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm 28. when I was in high school, maybe 17 or so, this one guy was quite the harasser. He called me a whale (I was a size 9) and made fun of my uneven breasts (I guess my headights were on sometimes and he noticed they were a little uneven). His brother told me how they joked I was beautiful...in the dark. I don't know what their problems were! I never did anything to them! I didn't have the best self-esteem, I didn't have many friends (I had many acquaintances...) and their harassment really hurt me. I discussed this with the vice principal and he told me I wasnt the first to report that guy! Nothing happened to him, but he was very close to suspension and he didn't bother me after that. This is almost 1o years ago and i never forgot that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I got made fun of in high school a lot because I had my hair cut short and was kind of awkward looking, I guess. When I was in eighth or ninth grade a popular guy a year older than me acted really sweet to me and asked to sign my yearbook, and he wrote something really nasty in it. It affected me for a very long time.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• When I was in school, I had a mullet and coke bottle glasses. Let's just say, not only was I not pretty neither was my treatment.
    Now I have blossomed into a VERY nice looking lady and I get a lot of guff for it. I am very pretty and guys love how I look, but when I get around my women friends, they all tear me down and pick apart everything I do, say and wear. I guess it is jealousy.
    Also, I once lost a job because I didn't "fit in", which basically meant I was very nice looking, while all of the other women were old, frumpy, and not going to be on any magazine cover anytime soon.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009