Would you be so upset?

My DD is due any day. Yes this is her longest pregnancy! She has two toddler boys now! Perhaps this time a Girl! I have to follow her as she's driving. She's driving well & cautiously! She's at a stop sign. And A big blue MLS tanker truck comes too fast around the corner into her lane. Nearly hits her! And she has to back up! It was so scary! Thank God she just pee'd! But he came through construction like he was in a race!! But it was too close! I mean Too close! I didn't get any thing of his plate Etc. But I was Mad & concerned! She's my Baby. And I love her Very much! That just was too close for us!! But not enough to scare her & get her baby safely out! She wants her out soon! Waiting for the Special appearance!! What was your last close call you saw?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Here we go with the truck driver bashing... I think I will stay out of this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well, I do have to ask, how far up was she? If she was behind the white line, then, yes...he should have been able to judge it so as not to come that close. However, if she was over the line, then he really had no hope. There are truckers who do take turns too fast, but there are way more drivers that don't respect the girth of an 18 wheeler and the skill it takes to drive one.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My last close encounter was actually with an elderly couple in their car. I was on the exit ramp of an interstate highway and they were driving around the curve, IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. My heart jumped out of my chest, but I was more worried for them than me as this was an exit ramp for a very busy truck stop. I sounded my horn as loud and long as I could and passed them in the grass going 10 mph. Luckily, they were able to come back down the ramp safely, disaster avoided.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I am a truckers wife, i have seen this problem all the time!! Don't blame it on the truck, really it your fault cause 1. you pulled up to close to the light 2. a truck can't make a turn like a car. I think you need to reread the divers book or quit getting your lic out of a ceral box.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• oh boy are we starting up with this again...
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Whew! that was a close call I am glad she is ok...but as far as the baby goes the baby will come when she is ready I guess the baby did not get too scared or mommy didn't scare her to bad...lol Hopefully she is a girl having two boys already. GL I am glad they are both safe.congratulationsits a girl

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• You can't take the side of someone that's in the wrong just because you have someone in that line of profession! Just b/c you have a driver doesn't mean they can break the laws and the rules of driving responsibilities! If you're so right & the drivers are so right. Come out! No one got their DL in a cereal box? How stupid is that? How about being in a construction zone & obeying? What about the extra knowledge of over the road driving? Experience? I don't see this question as a semi vs car. Semi vs truck, Semi vs a cycle! We're all on the road. Its meant to share & be responsible! Wasn't the question really about what was your last close call? I didn't notice bashing. I read a stop sign not a stop light!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2009