Is it normal to still get this 8 months postpartum

I had my baby mid jan. 09 and I am still getting a clear, unscented snot like substance when I wipe. My first two this cleared up. Any other women experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it every time you wipe?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yes. That is actually my normal ovulatory cycle discharge. I always get one or two days of that "snot like" discharge at the same point in my cycle. It might just be that your cycle has changed with this baby? You could always call your GYNO or Midwife and ask them about it.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I'm only 5 months post-partum, but I'm still getting that, too, every day, and no ovulation yet. I don't remember it happening with my first, but it might have. Are you breastfeeding? I didn't with my first but am with this one, and maybe that has something to do with it? That would make sense since it's normally caused by hormones. Unless you're not breastfeeding, in which I have no idea, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It's vaginal secretions. Totally normal and nothing to worry about.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2009