Is it safe to use ACT restoring mouth wash while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't...just because I avoid almost all commercial products when I'm pregnant. I don't know the ingredients, but If you can't pronounce some or all of them...it's probably a bad idea.
    LOL
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I used it through both my pregnancies. It never occurred to me not to. You don't drink it, after all.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you don't swallow the mouthwash, why would there be anything that would harm you or your baby? Ask your Doctor,though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I am a hygienist and it is fine. In fact it can help. With pregnancy hormones you have a very high chance to get gingivitis and more plaque buildup (higher chance of decay). Also if you have morning sickness, the acid in vomit can sometime soften the teeth and the little bit of Fl2 in the mouth wash can help keep things strong.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009