So anyone out rule a fourth child?

I have three girls and well I haven't decided to out rule a fourth. My husband wants to try for a boy. My three are all very close 3 1/2, 18 months and 7 months. My mother keeps asking why don't I get tubes tied. My one sister-in-law use to say the same. I know our chances for a boy is slim, but anyone think I am crazy that I options are open, and that if we decide I want to have it close to the others so there isn't a huge gap. What are others opinions and stories.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go for it! I am due in 3 months with our fourth. My oldest will be 3 yrs and 11 months then! I will also have a 2 1/2 year old and a one year old.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Congrats. I just hate people like family dictating weather I should have more children or not. My parents are very controlling and they feel that with that many kids you cannot enjoy life. They think money is everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Money is everything if you can't afford college, food, basics. I think it's very greedy to have a child just to see what you get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i'm only doing two
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 10:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• No see we have enough money to support another child. We are thinking of another child, not to just see what we get, but just to add to family, if we have 4 girls that is ok. I don't believe that a parent has to pay a childs way to college either. A child takes it more seriously if they have to dish out the money. I believe parents should help, but not pay the entire way. I have work with many college students, and talked to many. Many that had a free ride admitted to no taking it seriously and wasted their time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I agree with you on the college thing!!! Hubby and I both paid our own way, our kids probably will have to, too.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you want one, go for it. I just had my third. My oldest will be 3 in Nov. my second will be 2 in Dec. number 3 was just born on Aug. 13th. We are planning on having two more but we are taking a break. I feel as though my body needs one. We don't what to just have one far apart from the others so we are planning in about 3 years on having two more close together. You have to do what is right for your family, you decide and not worry about what others think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• yes, I have, once my oldest started talking back and giving attitude...i knew, i couldn't handle 4 kids with that lol and she is only 8. I wish I could! Also, the fact that I have 3 children pulling me in different directions...i dunno how a fourth would go. I give props to everyone that continues on though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I always wanted 5, but stopped at 4. I will agree that with 4 kids you definitely have to re-adjust the way you live. Our extra money has to go to the kids futures and to our future, we have to have a bigger vehicle which costs more, we NEVER get to go out, we dont eat out at all, we basically live simply, but that was OK with us. I wouldnt have it any other way. I come from a large family (there is 9 of us) and I always knew that I wanted the same thing for my family. I would say if you own your home, you are secure in your jobs, financially you can afford another, and you dont feel stretched too thin already then go for it.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2009