Do you still peck your kids on the mouth?

Ok, there was a site that I visited and they had an open question:

Is kissing your kids on the mouth nasty? Apparently some ignorant people thinks it's nasty for a child to kiss their parents on the lips.

I have a 5 year old and 2 year old daughter and I still peck them on the mouth to show them I love them. I don't think there's anything wrong with it no matter how old your child gets. I still kiss my mom on the lips now when I leave from seeing her and I'm 28!

Seriously, what do you think?

QueenBee319

Asked by QueenBee319 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• of course i do!!and i will until she tells me to stop!! lol (shes 5)

i cant even remember the last time i kissed either of my parents, or for that matter hugged them..or my brother and sister..our family was never like that..i always wished we were..i guess thats why with my daughter im hoping we have a bond like that...i think its awesome when i see parents hugging/giving pecks to their children..i dont care how old the child is..2yrs,5,10,15, 30, 50yrs..doesnt matter!! its a nice thing to see!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i kiss mine on the mouth (3 1/2 and 3 months) and when/if they aren't comfy or i'm not comfy w/it it'll stop. until then, i don't care what others think about it. i kissed my parents on the mouth til i was about 9 and decided it wasn't cool anymore. :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Eww gross you dirty pervert!! You know after they are like 1.4353 years old you automatically become a pervert for kissing them on the lips!!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• then i am ignorant. thats gross.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 10:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ooops I hit submit before I was done.. I wasonly joking of course my son is 4 and I still give him pecks on the lips. More often than not though I kiss his forehead or cheeks. Not because I think it's gross but just because.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Ok how/why is it gross to kiss your kid on the lips? It isn't like you're shoving your tongue in their mouth and trying to french them or something...
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Well I guess if you were raised doing that it is ok, but for me my parents never did that to us but now that I have my own kids I do that to them so I guess it is how you are brought up.

Good question!wink

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I do at least when my DD lest me I do. She's 7 and too cool for that now. My DS is 5 and still gives me pecks. My parents and I always pecked on the mouth (we even do now as adults) so I don't think it's gross at all. I think it's how you are raised. My DH thought it was weird since his family doesn't do that but now he pecks the kids on the mouth as well.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 10:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My son sometimes turns my head so that I kiss him on the mouth instead of the cheek. I think it's bc he sees daddy kiss me on the lips (not making out) just when one of us is going to the store or even just walking past the other in the kitchen or something. He has always seen my husband and I just give eachother a peck here and there throughout the day. I guess he knows it's just a way to show affection.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My dd is 14 months old and I ocassionally kiss her on the mouth. She's my baby...why would it be weird?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009