what books did you read to prepare you for labor and breastfeeding?

I am in my last month and finding that i am running out of reading material and still feel like i am not prepared for labor and breastfeeding. what books did you read that you found helpful. and what books are you reading now that you like and would suggest to another mom to be? thanks

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For labor, "How to scream bloody murder" by What sick Nazi pig came up with this labor thing? For nursing "How to feed your infant who has hidden razors in its mouth" By My 38 D's are now 38 loongs. Just kidding, for the most part What to expect when you are expecting was my bible. The nursing thing...I don't think any book in particular helped. I have 5 kids and nursed them all and it was a different experience each time. You just have to kind of make your way with the baby that you get. I would say sticking to it no matter how bad or hard it seems for a good 6 weeks and you will be fine. Don't worry about labor,, your body knows what to do...oh and an epidural is lovely. Martyrdom is not synonomys with motherhood. Take the epi if you need to, no on will look down on you for it.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hmmm....mostly What to Expect book and of course Twins, Triplets and Quads....
    I bought a lamaze dvd for labor and delivery prep though. Bought it on Ebay. LOL.
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 11:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i didnt read anything..i didnt even ask my doctor any questions..i didnt want to know..not because i didnt care, but because i knew that if i knew what was gonna happen, i would be scared shitless!! and i would be stressed my whole pregnancy..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by LLL
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• my obgyn office gave me a book about labor delivery and breastfeeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2009