• In the Spotlight:

IS IT TRUE, WHEN YOU ARE 9 MONTHS PREGNANT HAVING SEX WILL HELP THE BABY COME FASTER?

luvofmalife

Asked by luvofmalife at 10:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is what most of us do to try but in truth the baby will come when its ready

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• semen has prostaglandins that will help soften the cervix and you orgasming, is a contraction. but i agree with PP it might speed things along, but only when baby is ready. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• great answer anon 10:47
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 11:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• NO!!! j/k it works for some babies, but not mine. She wasn't coming without help.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes, it *could* really help!
    ...or not.
    ;-P
    "Home remedies" can be like pouring more water into a cup that's filled to the very brim; only helpful when the hormonal dance between mom-baby-placenta are already to go. Labor is just around the corner, anyway.
    (I say that makes it ironic, the body is already going into labor, so no need to bother with that other stuff...)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My doctor told me (when he was trying to convince me to induce just for the fun of it) that he wouldn't use pitocin, he would use a different drug that was basically artificial semen. He told me that day that semen induces labor. Of course not every time, but it definitely can. according to him.
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 12:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We tried it because our son was almost two weeks late and we were VERY anxious. It had absolutely no effect on the baby, but it did raise our spirits!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009