Do you dress your kids in the same outfits?

Some people dress their 2+ girls or 2+ boys in the same outfits or have a theme going. I think it's neat and I do the same thing for my girls sometimes!

QueenBee319

Asked by QueenBee319 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think its adorable. Of cores for an every once in a wile thing but its super cute!
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 11:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i think its super cute, i mean not everyday, they are their own person, but sometimes....fun stuff!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 11:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• well i'm only having one kid. and if its a girl i'll wear the same clothes as her sometimes. but thats because i can fit into tiny childs clothing.
    PrincessSmasher

Answer by PrincessSmasher at 11:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have a boy and a girl I don't dress them with the same theme but sometimes the same color of course I am not going to dress my son in a girls color but yes I like dressing them the same in color I think it is cute.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I put the same clothes on them over and over again. I find a few outfits I like and they get worn out! As for dressing them alike usually just the same color.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I did when my sons were younger. I have 4 sons with 5 years between the first and the fourth. When I shopped for them the options were slim so generally we had the same solid color shirts or the same print shorts. Sometimes I would dress them alike when we went out in big crowds because just on the off chance oone wandered away I could grab another one and say "he was wearing this" but most of the time they had the same clothes in their drawers but didn't wear them at the same time.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I have two boys who are 13 months apart and I have quite a few outfits for them that are the same (thanks to my mil who works at children's place) Whenever I dress them alike though people always ask if they are twins which makes me laugh. My oldest is a head taller, straight blonde hair and my youngest is shorter with brown curly hair. The one looks like me and the other looks like my husband. Nope, not twins just because their clothes match.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My kids choose to dress themselves alike. My older girls (now 9 and almost 7) have a lot of clothes that either match or are the same style but different colors and they will plan outfits out together to match. And they used to love when I picked out matching outfits for them when they were toddlers.
    Now my 3yo is wearing some of their old clothes and they find stuff to match with her, too. They crack me up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Sorry, but I absolutely hate that. I don't think it's "cute" to just buy two of everything. I think it's silly looking, for one. Secondly, I think it absolutely negates the individuality of the kids.

I have 7 and 5 year old stepsons whose mother likes to dress them in matching outfits. The boys think it's dumb, because the older one doesn't want to dress like a "baby." The little one doesn't care, but he desperately wants something of his own that's just for him and HATES feeling like he's only getting something because his older brother is. He likes things that are (and I quote) "special just for me!" :) Plus, one of them is always sad because he didn't get his favorite color and has to wear his brother's favorite color instead.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• UGH I hated when my mom did that to me and my sisters lol.. But now that I am an adult, I think it's cute!
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009