I'm 32 wks and I'm feeling like I'm having period cramps...

I swear it feels the exact same, same lower back pain and lower... front pain lol. Is this normal? I mean I'm having other uncomfortablenesses, stuff i've never felt before that i've been assured is normal, but this is just so odd, b/c it feels familiar! Also, I'm not saying its related, but I've been super sensitive to sugar, carbs, and caffeine. seems like if i consume any amount of any of that, my heart starts to race and I get hot and if i don't lie down immediately my heart just flutters instead of beats and i feel like i'm going to pass out or throw up. this happens as i'm just sitting completely still. I have low energy in general though, & can't walk far w/o getting hot and tired. of course I am in the Great Alabama Heat...

How normal is this? I'm not due for another doctor appt for 3 more weeks, but my doctor's kinda dumb anyway... :(

vintagesnow

Asked by vintagesnow at 11:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lay down on your left side, drink so much water you feel like you are about to drown and call your dr. pronto! Both times I was in labor it felt like a pretty strong period cramp, but not the worst period cramp I've had. At 32 weeks, you could be in labor & if you are you and the baby need help! If yo ucan't get ahold of your dr. or he says it is fine and the cramps don't go away after laying down and drinking water, go to the ER!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Try to re-hydrate and see if that helps. Usually, that does the trick.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• okay 2 completely different responses... I'm going to try not to freak out since the period cramp feelings have only happened twice a few days apart and lasted like 20 min each. I'll try harder to stay hydrated, even though I think I do drink more water than most people.
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 12:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Definitely don't freak, it's pretty normal. I am also a firm advocate of drinking a glass of water, eating and laying down for at least 15 mins whenever u feel that way. Now is the time when your belly will start lowering down, and it is going to position her differently, giving you insides a new fun ride. The last month or so is pretty intense, and it felt a lot like period pain for me to. Just take it easy, and feel free to call the doctor, you're paying him to answer u.
    yramali

Answer by yramali at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009