It's starting to get around 40 degrees at night, should i start putting the heater on in my sons room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on how cold it gets in your house. It's been getting that cold around here too... but our house is still staying warm enough... only dropping to about 68 at night.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• umm if it's cold in there I guess lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• our house is always warmer inside than out. I guess it depends on your insulation and such. If you're too chilly he probably is too
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• We live in Tx we still having the hot days 90's 100's yuck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• The best sleeping temp are from 65- 75 degrees, above or below that is going to cause our bodies to start to work harder to cool or heat ourselves. Of course everyone is different some children like colder temps and some like warmer temps. Young children move around alot at night.     Kicking off covers when they need them most.    So depending on only blankets to keep them warm doesn't always work.

mellowmommy64

Answer by mellowmommy64 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's been getting down in around the 50's here at night. My husband is STILL running the air because he is VERY hot blooded.

I just close off the air conditioning vent in my daughter's room.

And I have her wear warmer clothes to bed, like pants and long sleeves, and she has like 3 blankets on her bed (she loooves blankets and pillows!)

We won't turn the heat on till probably late october early november here (in Missouri)

Just depends on how hot or cold your house gets at night, and what temperature is comfortable for your family.

Does your child wake up in the night because they are cold? If so you might want to try warmer clothes and see if that helps, if not? It might be alright to turn on the heat.
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 9:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If he's cold then...DUH

I would think this would be common sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not if its a portable heater. You never want to have a portable heater on in a child room. You should probably turn the heat on in your house and dress him warmer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2009