My 5 month old daughter will not let anyone else watch her but me!

I'm at my wits end and I have an impending bachorlette party coming up out of state. My 5 month old daughter screams and goes completely hysterical if I am not the one home with her. My husband cannot calm her down. It has gotten to the point where I can't leave the house without her. Now she does have a lot of stomach issues which make her uncomfortable and upset, but I don't understand why she has gotten this out of hand. Our family members will not even give watching her a go, because they have witnessed her fits. I'm the Matron of honor in my friends wedding and in ten days I need to go to NYC overnight. Does anyone have any suggestions, because I'm beyond desperate.

bowlingracoon

Asked by bowlingracoon at 11:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to just go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Does your husband spend much time with her usually?
    This kind of anxiety is normal for some babies~ usually around the time of a milestone (like crawling/walking), I believe.
    You can work to get her attached to other people and things, hoping to slowly-gradually, sneak away for longer & longer intervals...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My husband has not been involved with her as much as he was with my son, but it was basically a catch 22, because when he tried to hold her and love on her, she screamed. I've given her a security blankie, and while it makes putting her to bed a breeze, it hasn't helped outside of bedtime. I need to be very clear.We aren't talking about a crying kid that just wants her own way. She has extreme fits of crying and shaking. She has the ability to make anyone just break down and give up. If you put her in her crib to let her cry it out, she doesn't stop. She makes herself throw up, she'll scream until she loses her voice and then just shake and gasp.
    bowlingracoon

Answer by bowlingracoon at 11:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• If you really wanna go let her get used to her daddy, then he can watch her. otherwise it looks like your staying home. have you told the dr about the things she does when she cries? good luck! hope you find a solution.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well stranger fear is normal for babies ..my son started crying at a strangers face or even family that had visited a few times...he started around 4 months....but your husband is someone who has been around her for awhile and i would think she should be used to him by now...they say the primary caregivers are the ones that baby will be attache to..so my son can be left with my parents bc they are the only other regular people in his life , every single day...and me. sometimes i can tell he is crying for me and he will stop when he sees me....So i would start now up until you have to leave, have your daughter with your husband as much as possible. have him put her to bed, and if she cries, be in the room but have him hold her and see if that eases the crying fits a bit. I would not let her cry it out....babies should be comforted when upset. i would also ask the doc if the shaking and extreme fits are normal.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 2:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009