Duggar girls... This is the first time I watched the show...

Why are the girls always wearing skirts? This is the first time I watched the show. I was just wondering.

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There's something in the bible about women not wearing things that pertain to men..Gotta wonder though,I don't think anyone was wearing pants when the biblical laws were made.

rubymoon57

Answer by rubymoon57 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They feel that skirts, long ones at that, are more modest for girls than pants. & I think they feel that girls should dress as girls not as boys.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• it's part of there religion
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It goes with their religious beliefs. There are a lot of religions where they do not wear pants. Usually they are long skirts that go all the way down to their feet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I worked with a woman that was raised like that. She could never explain it to me because she didn't know why. In the time that I worked with her she started to ask questions about her religion. Her parents did not like that. In the end, she ended up wearing pants more. When she wears skirts now, it's because she likes the skirts.

I still don't know in what religion(s) girls are expected to always (or almost always) wear skirts. I guess thats why I don't understand it still.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009