What to try?

My 14 month old daughter was sick for a day or two, nothing major, but she didn't feel like eating much those couple of days.....she drank milk and juice and water. She seems to be feeling better today but doesn't want to eat much of anything, nor does she want to go to sleep even though she is exhausted. She's had a couple bites here and there of things, but not really eaten. Any suggestions of what to try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She will eat when she is ready to, as long as she is drinking plenty of fluids and has had a few bites here and there I would not be too concerned. If you want, you could try some applesauce, some dry breakfast cereal that she likes, yogurt or maybe even a piece of bread or crackers. Something that she can eat a bit of then set aside if she likes. My daughters both go through days when they don't eat very much even when they are perfectly healthy, it's normal. It's also normal for a momma to worry...that's what we do. Just know that you are doing all the right things and she will let you know when she feels like eating more. =-) GL!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• She's probably still not 100%. She is drinking well and "grazing". That is not uncommon. Give it a couple more days, she won't starve. That being said she may have an ear infection. Not all children cry and tug on their ears or run fevers. Could be that she is uncomfortable when she tries to sleep. Is she getting some new teeth? As long as she is drinking and nibbling, don't worry.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't force it...As long as she is getting fluids in her and she is pretty much back to old self then she's fine! ...
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 12:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ygurt drinkable protien smoothies
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't really force her, just let her go at her own pace, she'll know when and what she can handle. Just keep some things like crackers, and juice and water available to her. You might try giving her some chicken noodle soup for lunch and seeing if she'll eat that, that's usually what my almost 2 year old daughter likes when she's been sick and is starting to eat again.
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 9:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2009