Facepainting at kids parties and insurance/finger printing?

I am looking into doing face painting at kids parties. I saw an ad that a face painter is insured, licensed, & finger printed? Does a face painter need to have these things?

Also, what products are best for the skin and non-toxic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We did it ourselves with washable markers. I actually had a friend of mine from art school do it. The kids wanted the traditional things like rainbows and flowers, but she did cool face masks.
    It is easy to do yourself if you do not want to shell out the dough. Also I would keep some baby wipes on hand in case somebody wants it to come off.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• It's just like any other business I suppose. If people are hiring strangers to work at a kids party i'm sure they'd probably hire someone who has all of the background checks, etc done over someone who is just a plain jane with no background check, history, etc... You want to be licensed incase something goes wrong and the parents try to sue you (One of the kids has a reaction the paint, something else goes wrong whatever the case) and licensed.. well... that's just to show you know what you're doing.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Also forgot to add i'm pretty sure you can get licensed for free/cheap at your local community college. They will teach you the best products to use
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I've done lots of face painting at girl scout and neighborhood events-- I buy the face paints from Wal mart-- it's easier to use than some of the creamier face paint products. If you continue, and wish to move up, there are professional grade theatrical paints you can get online. The wal mart brands wash off great. Just don't use paints that are not labeled as face paints, Good Luck!
    873hodges

Answer by 873hodges at 11:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2009