How would you feel?

I went to get my hair trimmed and the girl did NOT listen to what I had wanted at all, instead of cleaning it up, it got cut off. It was below my shoulder blades, but is now a bob up to my chin, the very first cut she made was up high in the back, so there was nothing I could do. My husband is mad that my hair is short again, he prefers long hair. I did NOT cut it short on purpose this time, but now I feel that he finds me completely unattractive and repulsive. Everyone else has complimented me on it and says that it looks great. I told DH I want him to love me for ME not for my stupid hair and he says I am missing the point...but I don't complain when he shaves his beard or shaves his head...am I wrong to be hurt by the way I feel he looks at me and his lack of support? Am I being insecure? All of my friends say their DH could care less what they do with their hair, I am not so fortunate I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• lets say you like the smell of cherry candles but you hate the smell of peach candles, does that mean you dont like candles? NO! it means you prefer one over the other,that is all he is saying.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• I would feel the same way too. My SO wouldnt care what I did with my hair but he prefers it long. So in other words I look more attractive with my hair long. Im sure you look fine and are still attractive just tell him to get over it.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My DF likes my hair long and I also like keeping it long. If there comes a day (and I joke about this with him often) that I want to chop it, I will. He says "no", but it's my hair. I know deep down he would like it if I kept it long, but would love me just the same if I chose not to. Sounds like your guy is just toying with you (in a playful way). Don't let it hurt your feelings. Wear your hair how you like. I'm sure he'll love you no matter what.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• My husband wants me to have long hair too but he wouldn't make a big deal out of me cutting it. I do understand how you feel about not feeling attractive now that he has said something. But turn abouts fair play and if he wants to complain about how you decide (or not decide in this case) to do your hair then you should have say in how he does his! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• He's probably just simply telling you his opinion only he might not have said it in the right way. I'm sure he DOES love you for who you are! It's just hair, it'll grow back in no time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• How do you like your hair? that is more important. YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD AND HAPPY.
    He will like seeing you happy. If you like your hair cut than just tell him, Well I like it sorry you don't.
    you do need to be a little more secure.I'm sure you look great. At the same time I would a little pissed off if my hubby got angry at me for cutting my hair. It is my hair?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it's not like you cut it urself, the cosmetologist cut it wrong. I'd complain to the company about how she fed up ur hair. n then tell ur hubby to grow some balls n get over himself. tell him next time ur just gonna shave it bald n find a new man who won't make a big deal out of ur hair. that is so stupid. I think u r ugly cuz ur hair is short. that's like terllin a 3 legged dog he can't run. I know one who can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2009