PowerPoint and APA format

If there's anybody taking online college courses, have you had to do PowerPoint projects using APA format? My instructor insist that every paper we write be in APA format and to me it just looks completely stupid in PPT. Its one thing to do it in a word document, but doesn't make sense to do it in PPT. I don't have a problem with listing the citations in APA, but the paper itself....yeah, absolutely does not look right at all. And the sad thing is that it throws off my concentration because I'm so busy trying to make it look right. *sigh*

mama2conor

Asked by mama2conor at 12:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in

• I never had to do an entire powerpoint in APA format...Did you ask for clarification? In any case, the format issues are always frustrating! I know what you mean....I think I spent more time and I know most of my frustration was on the formatting issues rather than content. The really frustrating thing is when the teachers seem to almost overlook the content as well. In my mind, content is always most important...unless it is a class specifically covering formatting. Yes...it is frustrating..."sigh"...I am right there with you!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We have our class chat tonight so I am going to ask her to clarify. The task is difficult enough without having to worry about the formatting. To top it off, I have two of these PPT assignments due back to back, one this Friday and one on Monday.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 8:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes, everything I do is in APA format. Even assignments that are attachments.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Here is some websites that helped me when I was in school
    http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/

This one is a citation machine.. You can choose what you what such as a book citation, internet citation and it gives you a box that walks you through how it should be cited.

http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?reqstyleid=2
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This is the website my daughter has been using since 5th grade: http://www.citationmachine.net/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yuck. I wish schools would just pick one format and stick to it. In English they taught us MLA, in any kind of science type class they wanted APA, in anthropology it could be MLA, APA, or the anthro format. I want one format! One!

I usually just use the OWL from Purdue myself for resource.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 11:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes, my husband showed me the citation generator (its actually linked on our college's website. Its a great tool! :)
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I guess I don't understand. Why would you be writing a paper in PPT? PPT is for preparing presentations, not preparing documents.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2009

• The assignment had to be done in PPT and we had to include research information. I know, it's all very odd and I personally think my instructor is whacked. I have another PPT assignment to get turned in tomorrow and its about twice as complicated as the one I had to get done for this past Friday.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 5:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009