YOUR FEELINGS ON OBAMA'S SPEECH & GUIDED CURRICULUM?

AFTER READING THE GUIDED CURRICULUM SENT TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS TO DO WITH CHILDREN AFTER THE SPEECH I OPTED TO KEEP MY CHILD HOME. DID ANYONE ELSE? I DON'T MIND PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES FROM EITHER PARTY, I ENCOURAGE MY CILD TO LEARN SEVERAL VIEWS BECAUSE I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE KNOWING ONE SIDE OF THE STORY BUT I DIDNT AGREE WITH THE CURRRICULUM. DID ANYONE KEEP THEIR CHILD HOME FOR THE SPEECH OR HAVE THEM SKIP THAT PART? HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What is with the all caps?
    My kid didnt go to school today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NO and I am glad my child and her school was afforded the opportunity to rise above this bullsh!t and let the president speak. Nobody was absent from her class either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I thought his speech was wonderful! He didn't say anything wrong and the SUGGESTED curriculum I thought was good and if his speech inspires even ONE child to do better in school then i think it was worth it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the PRESIDENT of the united states giving a speech to the younger generations and i wouldn't care if it was a republican or a democrat! I really did like Obamas speech!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What it really boils down to is that some parents simply don't like Obama. So they don't want their children to like him either. If they let their children hear him, they might risk them liking him. And that would undermine their prejudice
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• FYI, all of my Republican friends also thought the speech was great and used only for its original intent of inspiring students to take school seriously. I appreciated the absence of politics but of course, those who dont like him will find a way to make it political.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The speech was what I expected. Once the Department of Ed admitted to poor wording and CHANGED their 'curriculmum', I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Just Imagine if the Republicans pursued an investigation and hearing like the Dems did to Bush I...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I submitted the requested letter to the school to keep my son out of it. I need my son focusing on his math, spelling and reading skills vs the president's ability to hear his own voice at any given time of the day on national tv.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i wasnt trying to be offesnsive i usally type in all caps anyway. i
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009