Have you ever told you child you were going to do something with them and then get busy and blow them off?

I did tonight and I feel sooooo bad. My son wanted to play a game but I had some stuff to do plus making dinner took up a lot of time. He fell asleep on the couch right after he got done asking me to play and I told him to hold on a minute. I wish I could go back in time and just take the time to play a game with my 6 year old son. I feel like such a bad mommy. He fell asleep before we could even read his books for school too and I could give him a bath :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVIL! jk im so sure stuff like this will happen, you can not feel bad over this.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My heart started pounding when I read the first part...I almost started crying. Good thing I read all of it before I did lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Things happen... what can you do? It is not like you meant for him to fall asleep and you not be able to play a game with him. Don't beat yourself up about it! If you want to make it up to him .. play a game with him after school. : ) It happens to all of us!
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yep. you know how many times i told my son we'd go to the park, and then either get too busy, or something would come up and we just couldn't? of course i feel bad about it, and i hate how many times it's happened. i guess i'm just going through a lot right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If possible get him up a bit early in the morning so you can play the game and start both of your day off better than it would have been.
    jennjennaz

Answer by jennjennaz at 12:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Sounds like a good idea jenn...I better get to bed then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes but my kids knows its just me and im doing mybest i have good kids thank god
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have done that before but I don't feel that bad about it. My girls know I'm a busy mom and I can't do every single thing with them. Now, if you do that all the time, then you should feel bad b/c that means you're neglecting his needs of attention from his mom. I know you don't do that though!
    QueenBee319

Answer by QueenBee319 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2009